EXTRA DRY WAX
Ideal in dry weather
Clean lubrication with this wax.
Smoother pedalling and a quieter drivetrain.
Non-oily protective film
Efficiently repels dust and dirt.
Drip-regulation safety cap
« Zéfal Extra Dry Wax has proven to be very effective in very dry conditions. This wax has the advantage of always keeping the chain clean and the transmission efficient. »
« This is clearly one of the best performing lubricants we have tried for dry conditions. The chain stays clean and quiet, the lubrication is very durable and suitable for marathon use, and we even found it to be quite versatile as a few wet areas, a little rain or a few puddles are not enough to make it lose its properties, whereas others capitulate at the slightest trace of water. »
Enduro / DH
Road / Triathlon
- Compressible bottle with safety cap.
- 120 ml / 10 ml
- Weather conditions
- All conditions
- Product reference
- 9612 (120ml) - 9614 (10ml)
Directions for use
In case of a first application of the Extra Dry Wax (on a new or already lubricated and dirty chain) :
1. Degrease the chain by soaking it in a suitable degreaser such as our Zefal Bike Degreaser or Disc Break Cleaner. Thoroughly clean the chain to remove any grease, oil or particles. For this you can use our Zéfal ZB Clean brush specifically developed for cleaning the transmission.
This step is essential before applying our Zéfal Extra Dry Wax lubricant to ensure optimal performance.
2. Rinse and let it dry properly.
3. Shake the bottle well before use. Apply the lubricant generously and uniformly inside the chain.
4. Wait until the water in the product has evaporated and the white colour has disappeared. We advise to apply the product several hours before riding. The product must be colourless and invisible, the chain must be dry.
For applications on a chain already lubricated with the Zéfal Extra Dry Wax: it is not necessary to degrease the chain. Simply remove the wax residue with a dry cloth and repeat the protocol described above from step 3.
It is necessary to reapply after a wet ride or after cleaning the bike with a water jet. 2. Rinse and dry using a cloth.
3. Apply a moderate amount of Extra Dry Wax on the chain while rotating the pedals.
4. Wipe any excess lubricant off the chain.
5. Wait at least 5 minutes before riding.
Product designed by our R&D department and made in France.
Tested in a certified third-party laboratory, our oils also undergo in-house testing according to the protocols defined by our quality department and design office.